Friday, December 30, 2011

Well, how about that.

I haven't won anything in a while and I entered the bloghop contest and won a great sounding book and a Victoria's Secret gift card. Now I got on Twitter when asked for my address, and mentioned that Victoria probably didn't have anything that would fit any of MY secrets, unfortunately, but got the happy news that it wasn't just for teeny tiny women, but real life-size gals, too. They have all sorts of non-clothes items too. The only catch to this good fortune is getting up the nerve to visit. It will involve going to a mall somewhere, ack!!

I have several mental health issues, and one BIG one is the really fun and exciting (it CAN be exciting) combo of agoraphobia (literal translation is "fear of the marketplace") and claustrophobia (My personal translation is "fear of dressing rooms" in this particular case) and there should be a new word for fear of women with normal figures looking at you like "what in the heck are YOU doing here?? There is not enough silk and other slinky stuff on the planet to make you sexy." Well, guess what, little women? Not all men like the bony look. NOT trying to be snarky here, everyone has their niche, okay? It's just that, like cars, there are different models of women. The girls you see in the VS shows on tv are, say, Jaguars, sleek, trim and high maintenance. I'm more of a Rolls Royce, built more for comfort than speed. A RR takes maintaining too, of course, but it's a model that you don't look a fool driving when you're 60, you know? Hugh Hefner, are you listening? Oh well. So I know there are guys out there that prefer a nice, reliable, comfy, luxurious sort of "car", and that's me. I come with many of the extras that a Jag doesn't have room for. I get better mileage, too.Ha. So, when I get it, I will maybe collect my wonderful friend Jeremy and brave the mall and see what's what. HE won't let me buy anything foolish, at least not without letting me know it's foolish first. It's always nice to have at least one person in your life that will always tell you the truth when you want to hear it, don't you think? There's a whole other blog right there.
Okay, that's all for right now. There is something niggling in the back of my brain, but can't quite reach it. Maybe later. If I am intellectually challenged for too long, be careful on the roads, lot more drunks driving than usual out there...and then there's also the phone/car issue, too. I want to see you back here.
Alright then, over and out.
Dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment