Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Seriously, I have no idea..



I'm not using anything fancy this time because I don't feel very fancy. I am trying to write a couple books right now, and doing pretty good, actually. I have all the "front of the book" stuff and two full chapters of the first book done, a non-fiction that I hope helps a lot of people. It's doing a lot for me just writing it. It's bringing back a lot of previously lost memories, resolved a lot of stuff I hadn't consciously thought about for years, and is stretching my intellectual muscles. The second book is a pretty decent prologue along. Now the first one, I've wanted to do for a long time, and is basically an autobiography of a very specific sort of person, so is pretty easy to write, although somewhat painful. This new book I wasn't even expecting. It just CAME to me out of the blue, basically. I had watched a movie, and was sort of extrapolating on a thought I had about some aspects of it while doing something else, and it was like someone hit me with a painless shovel. Character names, plot, hook, the whole thing. It had nothing to do with anything, just a switch got tripped and I had to write it, because trying to type it into Notebook, I tend to sometimes think faster than I can type, so end up with notes that make either NO sense, or not enough to work with. Have you ever been dreaming, had a great thought, awakened and written it down because you believed it was a super invention idea or something (this also happens when you're high from toking, but those ideas you should toss), and you are absolutely positive you got it down, go back to sleep, and in the morning, you have nothing but what seem like random adjectives and verbs? Well, it's like that when I'm fast thinking and slow typing. I have to re-read every blog that is "inspired" about 10 times to catch all the typo's, and even then, I'm almost always missing at least one. So, if you read me, and you find a typo, my heart was REALLY in that one. I guess I'm just writing right now to get rid of some nervous energy before saying something relevant about something, like.... what in the hell is Sinead O'Connor doing getting married AGAIN? I think that since Renee Zellweger married Kenny Chesney, for what, 10 minutes, everyone is out to break their record. You people have to stop, Ripley's cannot keep up with these "minute marriages". Whatever happened to the saying "Marry in haste, repent at leisure"? Did people forget that, or just think it was a joke? It's not. Hearts are being broken here, people. I don't mean the parties involved, either, so much. I mean the poor public that worships you people and "do as you do". They will follow your example and get hurt, thinking that THEIR private lives will get them something from all the drama, like their own show, since it would seem that everyone but me has one, and they will be disappointed when no one comes calling because they did something hasty and reckless. I realized as actors and celebrities, you don't sign anything that says you are responsible for anyone that follows your life, but please, can you at the least behave responsibly? I KNOW that sometimes there IS Love at first sight, and a hasty courtship, like the aforementioned Zellweger/Chesney thing(I really think she married for love, but apparently something got left out of the translation? Both seem like very nice people, but "fraud", it DOES cause one to wonder..and even THAT is a bad example. You're old enough to think before you act.) but folks that have been dating for a long time, marry, and divorce 60 days later, come on.
I guess that's all for now.
Dragonfly

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean when an idea hits you--one morning I was standing there and it was like someone sawed off the top of my head, poured in an entire book (plot, characters, hook, setting, ALL) and then closed up my head. All I had to do was glue my behind to my chair for six weeks and dump it out into textual form. SO GREAT! The trick is getting ourselves to stay in the word processing program long enough to type it out (and not get lost researching celebrity gossip, haha, a mutual weakness we share, my dear.)

    ReplyDelete