Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just when you think...

You never really know how your life is going to go. Just when you think you have everything in line and working okay, blam! I should be at my client's right now. Did the interview yesterday, went great. She has a doctor's appointment this morning, but was going to call when she got out. Been 4 hours since appointment time. Now she DID say that either he'd let her go home, or she'd  be going to a nursing home for a while. Can't get in touch with my supervisor, either. So I need to get to the store, but can't because I may need to get over there quick, and lo and behold, the Schwan's guy shows up, wanting to know if I need anything, and I said not until I get paid again, and he was leaving and I thought "wait", and called to him and asked if I needed an order, and he said no, he has lots of stuff on the truck. So I get enough to hold me until the next paycheck. I wouldn't have been here if my client had called. Of course, her not calling could be bad news for her, and me. BUT she's in her seventies, and even if she wrote my number right, maybe she forgot about me and didn't remember to call or check her messages (or doesn't know how. I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I always get when I sense impending bad news. It is rarely wrong. I don't believe in second sight, or any of that any more, I tbelieve this feeling is simply based on past experience and my brain is just extrapolating the probability of what is happening and will happen. I have been thinking lately that a lot of what we consider premonitions is that sort of thing. I know you're probably saying that it can't explain how we seem to "know" we're going to have an accident, or someone we know is, but I think perhaps the scientific community just MIGHT be wrong about how much of our brains we use, and that they just don't have the right equipment. MAYBE it's possible that there is, for lack of a better way to explain it, a great "oddsmaker" or actuary  in our sub or unconscious that tabulates the likelihood of thousands, perhaps millions of possible events in our lives based on every single experience we've had before. I think that would explain the deja vu thing, and actually, lots of things, even some really "out there" dreams. Doesn't that sound reasonable to you? I meant it was just a virtual blink ago that we couldn't map ANY brain functions, and maybe we just need more sensitive equipment or something to chart the heretofore un-chartable. Maybe magnetic resonating is not enough, or the wrong technique. Any scientists out there?

That's all for right now, 
Stay safe everyone,
Later, Dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment