Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hello fellow travelers,
sorry I haven't been here for a couple days, but had to get through some stuff, and have, probably, a bit of it "hitting the fan" tomorrow, too. And starting a new part-time assignment, 
taking care of a very nice lady with onset dementia. I NEED to get working on the book, too, I really want to get that finished. Of course, here's a twist of irony for you. If and when I DO finish, and DO manage to get it published, which I believe I will, I will make too much money from it, momentarily, and get my disability revoked. Of course, if I make enough to get me to Social Security, assuming IT'S still around...and I only have a small handful of years, I COULD actually survive, perhaps. I don't know if I have Another book in me, BUT since this is a non-fiction that we're talking about, maybe the poetry book should be next...anyway.

When did true friendships go out of style, and why did I not get that memo or email? Probably was a text message, and I can't afford all the "bells and whistles" on my phone, and I SO think that texting IS a bell...(but will admit that if and when I can afford it, I DO want it, and the net, even though the guy at the store where I bought the phone seemed to believe I was too old to grasp touch screens, text keyboards, and all that...damn whippersnapper, although I will say that constantly being butt, pocket and purse dialed, I don't know that I'm a fan of the non-flip type phones; if for no other reason but cooler ring tones. I SO want some movie and TV show theme song one's, especially for some of my callers.) Not only are phones, and frankly, pretty much everything else disposable now... but it would seem that so are friendships, even though, as recently as a few months ago, a friend of 10 years assured me that we'd always be friends, and close, forever....and for the past 4 years, we've emailed or called pretty much every day (we live in different states)....but since I no longer currently active in our mutual religion, and I have no immediate plans to move to her state, which she has fervently been asking me to do for that 4 years now...things have cooled off. I realize she's going through some stuff right now, but isn't THAT when a true friend is MOST needed and desired, and not the least?? If I want to know if she's still alive, since she has probably lost yet another cell phone, I have to email a mutual friend to find out if she's still alive and okay. I think that is so sad. She was there for me during MY crises, why can I not be there for her current woes? Love is SUPPOSED to be a two-way street, it says here in MY "LIFE" handbook. I must not have the current copy, huh? And just when I FINALLY have a few GOOD things to share with her to cheer her up about me, and to give HER hope for HER situations right now. I guess it's like they say, "It's always something."
okay, stupid joke day...
How many psychiatrists' does it take to change a light bulb? Answer tomorrow.
I made a new type, at least for me, of tuna/noodle casserole the other night. Came out pretty good. If you want the recipe, let me know.

I'm going to be going back to Craigslist and Ebay soon, I hope. I have a LOT of classic comics from the mid-eighties and other stuff to sell. My address isn't listed in my profile, right?
I WANT to get all superfluous debts paid off and out of my life, and this will help. Also, it is stupid, but I really get excited when my stuff is bid on, and fought over...real rush, at least until I have to go to the Post Office to mail said item. I swear that there must be outside cameras there, and they monitor them, and when a bunch of cars show up, two of the three windows suddenly MUST go on break. I'm pretty sure I know where the "take a 10 minute job, and turn it into an hour job to make it look like you're doing such a hard and good job, so you'll get paid a fortune doing it" came from originally; government employees. PLEASE, if you work for the IRS, Social Security, or any other government position, don't attack, audit, deny my disability, or otherwise punish me...trying to write funny stuff here, okay? I DO NOT MEAN YOU, personally. NOT all government employees are like that, in fact, talked to a handful last week, and all were VERY efficient, pleasant and did great jobs. And the folks at my Post Office are great people, but their timing needs a little work, that's all.

Okay, campers. I'm out of stuff, except to tell you, if I hadn't mentioned it before. My ex-husband, whom I have not spoken to in 32 years, called a few weeks ago, and we've been talking on the phone ever since, and he's wanting to get back together, which does not sound bad. I do still love the guy, we just had some really bad timing, and a total lack of experience with communications back then. You know, young, stupid, horny and impatient? That was us. We've both changed some since, and things are going pretty sweet, have to say. I don't know where this will go, but taking it one call and email at a time, then work up to me going out to the state he's in now to visit for a few days. You never know, right? But you could have knocked me over with a breath the first night he called, and him, too, because I didn't hang up on him. He really thought I hated him. See? COMMUNICATE WITH EVERYONE YOU CARE ABOUT, especially the one you sleep next to at night, okay? With everyone on the phone now, 24/7, I think we communicate less than ever with the important stuff. Life has become just a series of texts, emails and, well, ahem, blogs (but I love YOU all, and want you to know I'm always here for you, okay?)
So, okay...really going now, and no, I don't get paid by anyone to use ellipse's in every other sentence. Just pretend that what it is, is a breath I'm taking, okay? Thanks.
Over and out until tomorrow. Should have some good stuff, DRAMA, to share tomorrow. 
Dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment