Monday, December 12, 2011

It's time to be random, apparently.

Hi there. Doing this in the Georgia font tonight as a sort of wink to my ex-husband, with whom I've been in contact lately, after 32 years, and it's going really nice, so...anyway. Oh, and the point is, he lives there, duh.
What do you give a guy who has everything? Antibiotics. Ha! I KNOW, don't groan, but being the lover of words that I have been since learning to read, I really enjoy tricky semantics. By the way, has anyone reading this figured out that line of words I asked you to punctuate yet? Still waiting. Okay, I think I've had enough caffeine for the day, huh?


I wanted to talk, tonight, about mental illness. I can't really talk a LOT about it, because of the book, but I want those of you out there who are "troubled", to know that  I'm working on it. Getting people to GET us, that is. Some of us, anyhow. We are really NOT that difficult, not really. 
I think maybe that I'm not focused enough to write much of anything relevant right now. How different is THAT to hear from a writer? For instance, I was having a conversation about authors with one of my roomies earlier, and who we liked, etc., and both said that we LIKED Stephen King, and HAD loved his stuff years ago, but he put SO much stuff about Maine in his novels that you'd think he was getting a commission from the state's tourism bureau or something, and by the time you waded through the travelogue, you forgot the thread of the plot. Still read his stuff, though. Gotta love a guy that loves where he is, right? Just wish I could edit one of his books, he is so brilliant if you can get past that. Haven't had time to sit and read lately, though. Maybe that phase has passed. His books that are NOT based in Maine...perfection. The others, just a bit of trimming. I still think that "The Stand" is a fantastic book, and they actually did a good job on the movie, too, unlike how they butchered some of his other stuff. Authors, if you're going to let someone do a movie of your book, PLEASE, be involved in it, please.


Totally off-topic here. Another roomie is currently listening to some after-game sports analysts (when did the world start needing someone to explain to us what news or sports we JUST watched and/or listened to meant, anyway?), and, hand to God, I swear that they MUST be getting paid every time they say Tim Tebow's name, and he wasn't even IN the game just played. Every single night, whether he's just played, I hear that name. What in the world has this guy done to be mentioned EVERY SINGLE NIGHT?? Did he discover a cure for something??? I realize that he's a great player, and a huge, great looking guy, AND a virgin (really, Tim, did we REALLY need to know that? Isn't knowing, every time you open your mouth, that you're a Christian, enough?....Listen, you can almost hear all the "men who love Tebow" leaving this blog right now, although, have to admit, the little "song" is sort of cute... why do I keep referencing The Wizard of Oz?), anyway, enough already, please.


Okay, now I've lost that darn train of thought. Doing too much multi-tasking when I should be paying more attention to you, I know. Sorry. Everyone has an off night. Of course, I'm personally off all the time, according to the definition of  my most hated word, NORMAL. Remember the cause, STAMP OUT NORMAL, BE UNIQUE, or at least give it a shot, huh? I try, and sometimes, am simply "trying", but that's better than being boring, isn't it?


I guess I should call it a night, just blabbing now, and it's not called a blab, is it? Okay, if anything else occurs to me, or I can't sleep because I'm still sort of wired, and didn't help matters by having a TINY piece, really, of baklava just now... as Homer Simpson (cannot believe that's still on...but bless them, because I do love Hank Azaria) would say, "doh".

Nite nite for now,
Dragonfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment