Friday, November 24, 2017

One final thought...I swear on all that is holy.

And by all things holy, I of course mean tequila and dogs.
I am sick to death with the sexual harrassment thing. I realize it is real,  and needs to be dealt with, but I think I personally have dealt with it enough, except for this little observation...
We have this whole thing backwards, as we often do with things. See, in general, women don't like being sexually harrassed, but usually are. Conversely, most men would pay money to be sexually harrassed, but generally are not. 
There are, however, some glaring exceptions, and I personally am sort of embarrassed about it.
Some famous women seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time with their hands all over hapless men. It doesn't seem the men have a problem with this, but perhaps they are putting on a brave face for the sake of continued employment, like so many of these women say they had to do.  Two of the women in question are Heidi  Klum and Tyra Banks. These two women are constantly putting their hands all over guys. I watch Entertainment Tonight, and the young, African-American reporter regularly interviews these two on the red carpet events, and they positively molest this poor kid. If a man did to them what they do to this guy, and others, omg...heads would roll.
The other woman "offender", surprisingly, is Ellen Degeneres. She is constantly featuring shirtles men on her show, and "inappropriately" touches most of them, as well as many male guests. She is often trying to talk the best looking of her guests to take their shirts off for one ridiculous reason or another, and regularly had male exotic dancers on. Now as a healthy woman,, I enjoy a half naked man as much as the next woman, but again, if a guy was doing this on his show..the outcry would be loud and outraged. I love Ellen, truly, but what  is the end game here, the purpose?
Because I feel there is one.
Bottom line is this...Double standard, ladies? Is that the message you want to telegraph?

Just sayin'
Dragonfly Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment